I had a chance to talk with Michele Qwant from Camp Companion about the Uncorked benefit.
The annual Kid's Cup Golf Tournament is coming up Monday, May 20th at Willow Creek and Soldiers Field golf courses. Jeff Jensen stopped by the studio to tell me a little about it. You can still register! Visit them online or on their Facebook page!
The 8th Annual Stay Out of the Sun Run is this Friday! Click on the banner below for details! Race founder and organizer, Tim Burriss stopped by the studio to tell me a little bit about the event.
According to Yahoo, here are five red flags that he's not into Valentine's Day:
1) He goes out of his way to spend time with his family that day.
2) He crutches on the "work" excuse more than a week out. If he's building up talking about a big proposal he's putting together and it's just consuming him, saying and he'll be no fun this week or something like that it's bad news.
3) He totally overplays it. If he's really a jerk, he could talk about so many grand gestures that he's going for the reverse psychology approach--he'll tire you out to the point where you say, "You know what? Let's stay in."
4) He hasn't even laughed about it. Another friend of mine said, "A lot of us will joke about it and downplay what we're going to do." They'll at least acknowledge that the Valentine's Day exists, even if they're not a big fan. Don't take his silence as a sign that he's just being hush-hush, and that he's got something up his sleeve, though; if he's not using humor, he's likely playing an avoidance card.
5) He says he gets depressed around this time of year. It may be true, but if his depression only lasts from February 12 through 15, start making the squinty-eye at him.