I had a chance to talk with Michele Qwant from Camp Companion about the Uncorked benefit.
The annual Kid's Cup Golf Tournament is coming up Monday, May 20th at Willow Creek and Soldiers Field golf courses. Jeff Jensen stopped by the studio to tell me a little about it. You can still register! Visit them online or on their Facebook page!
The 8th Annual Stay Out of the Sun Run is this Friday! Click on the banner below for details! Race founder and organizer, Tim Burriss stopped by the studio to tell me a little bit about the event.
According to The Stir, here are just Five Ways Facebook Can Make You Feel Like A Failure ~
1) You're awaiting the arrival of the gallant man of your dreams and everyone - including that girl who was carving notches in her bedpost way back when, and the friend from high school who is mean as a kennel of mad dogs - seems to have found theirs already. You can tell by all of the engagement pics and inboxed wedding invitations.
2) You're already married and your husband is plucking your ever lovin' last nerve, even as the vice president of your PTA, or your next-door neighbor gushes endlessly about how much she adores hers. It's all you can do to not pack a bag and hop the next plane to Anywhere But Here.
3) You're barely able to waddle to the bathroom in the nick of time, much less frolic through the wonderland of pregnancy, but your Facebook pal - who's several weeks farther along than you - is posting about the joyous moments of her pre-Mommy experience. Plus, you can tell from the thousands of adorable pics she's shared that she has no stretch marks. Meanwhile, your stomach looks like a New York City subway map.
4) You want, more than anything, to buy a new home and plan to take that step up into this middle-class you've been hearing so much about as of late. But struggles with bills and debts have put your plans on hold. You are forced instead to salivate over the album your college arch-nemesis turned tentative Facebook friend has created in honor of the amazing vacation home she bought in the islands. To complement, of course, the amazing home she already owns in upstate New York.
5) You're trying to help your toddler understand the majesty of going to the bathroom instead of doing her business in the snazzy new underwear you bought as an incentive. But your experience doesn't seem to be as fluid or effortless as your Facebook friend's, who's managed to teach her daughter how to put the carafe in the coffeemaker and set the DVR for The View in the same amount of time it's taken you to get your beloved to stop making a mess.